On average, expect countertops to range in price from $40 to $100 per square foot installed, according to a 2013 report by Consumer Reports.
Granite countertops range from $50 to $250 per square foot, while tile counters can start at as little as $10; butcher block at $30, and solid surfaces at $35.
What is the least expensive type of countertop?
Cheap and Discount Countertops
- Laminate Counters: Learn to Love Laminates.
- Ceramic Tile: Classic Do-It-Yourself Countertop.
- Tile Granite: Slab Granite’s Feel and Look.
- Wood: Great Looks, Low Cost, High Maintenance.
- Modular Engineered Stone: Little-Known “Slab Granite” Alternative.
- Solid Surface: Increasingly Cheaper, DIY Option.
- Why so Expensive?
What is a cheaper alternative to granite countertops?
Fortunately, there are plenty of other choices that offer beauty, durability, and a great return on your investment. Check out these nine popular granite alternative countertops to find the one that fits your style and budget.
- Stainless Steel.
- Sintered Stone.
How much does it cost to get countertops?
Average Cost of Materials
- Quartz. Cost range: $50 to $90 per sq. ft. Average cost: $68 per sq. ft.
- Granite. Cost range: $40 to $100 per sq. ft. Average cost: $58 per sq. ft.
- Solid Surface. Cost range: $37 to $67 per sq. ft. Average cost: $52 per sq. ft.
- Laminate. Cost range: $27 to $34 per sq. ft. Average cost: $29 per sq.
What is the cheapest kitchen countertop?
The cheapest kitchen countertop alternatives to granite are quartz, granite tile or a recycled solid surface. Granite remains the most popular kitchen counter material in use today.
What is the best countertop for your money?
These are some of the most in-demand countertop materials on the market today, and for good reason:
- Quartz. Quartz has become popular with thanks to its durability and low maintenance.
- Solid Surfacing.
- Recycled Glass.
- Wooden Butcher Block.
What are the most affordable countertops?
Here are five of today’s best budget kitchen countertop ideas.
- Quartz. Quartz may sound like a precious material, but when you’re talking about countertops, quartz typically refers to engineered stone.
- Granite. Unlike quartz, granite is pure, natural stone.
- Ceramic Tile.
Is Corian cheaper than granite?
While granite is more expensive than Corian, the price difference isn’t that great. Corian costs $40-150 per square foot, while the price of slab granite starts at $40 and can reach up to $200. There’s also installation to consider, and the cost often varies from region to region.
What is the best kitchen countertop for resale?
Kitchen Countertops – The Best Choice for Resale Value
- Material: Granite. Cost: $80+ per s.f.
- Material: Soapstone. Cost: $60+ per s.f.
- Material: Concrete. Cost: $75+ per s.f.
- Material: Marble. Cost: $200+ per s.f.
- Material: Wood. Cost: $100+ per s.f.
- Material: Quartz. Cost: $60+ per s.f.
- Material: Stainless Steel. Cost: $100+ per s.f.
- Material: Ceramic Tile.
What is an alternative to granite countertops?
Engineered stone countertops, like Cesarstone and Silestone, are made of little bits of quartz mixed with a binder and then molded into countertop shapes. The result is something that looks like stone and is super-durable. If you like the look but not the maintenance of marble, this might be good choice for you.
What is the best alternative to granite countertops?
Here are 8 of our favorites.
- Butcher block. Gets my vote for The Next Big Thing.
- Marble. Pros: Gorgeous.
- Soapstone. This dark stone with light veining has a beautiful, old-world feel.
- Engineered stone (or Quartz).
- Stainless Steel.
Which is cheaper granite or quartz countertops?
Granite Is Cheaper Than Quartz
The final cost of countertops will depend on several factors, but generally, granite countertops cost $40-50 per square foot including installation. Quartz ranges from $50-75 per square foot installed. This difference can really add up if you have a big kitchen.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”