You can purchase slab granite countertops for $40 to $60 per square foot, while you can get granite tile for $5 to $15 per square foot.
On average, homeowners spend $2,000 to $4,500 on installation and materials to install a granite countertop.
What should I look for when buying granite countertops?
You can follow useful tips to buy granite countertops:
- Cut costs by not using an under-mount sink.
- Buy thick.
- Look out for hairline cracks and natural pits.
- Get a custom designed edge to fit with your cabinet detail.
- Opt for seamless granite countertops.
Can I install granite countertops yourself?
Why You Shouldn’t Install Granite Counters Yourself
Along with the safety concerns of handling heavy stone counters, a DIY installation can be easy to spot. Natural-stone slabs can be expensive, so it’s best to trust the job to a professional.
What is a cheaper alternative to granite countertops?
Fortunately, there are plenty of other choices that offer beauty, durability, and a great return on your investment. Check out these nine popular granite alternative countertops to find the one that fits your style and budget.
- Stainless Steel.
- Sintered Stone.
How much will it cost to put granite countertops in my kitchen?
Expect granite countertop prices to range between $45 and $200 per square foot, including installation. One way to cut down on granite countertops’ price is to opt for a thinner slab—use a 3/4-inch-thick stone instead of the typical 1-1/4 inches.
What is the best countertop for your money?
Bang-For-Your-Buck Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Quartz. Quartz has become popular with thanks to its durability and low maintenance.
- Solid Surfacing.
- Recycled Glass.
- Wooden Butcher Block.
Which granite color is best for kitchen?
Which Color Granite is Best
- Dark Granite. No shade will appear more elegant than black or dark gray.
- White Granite. Pure white granite is nearly impossible to find.
- Beige or Neutral. Neutral granite countertops have unlimited versatility and can be part of almost any design plan.
What is the most popular granite color?
Known for its top spot in the kitchen counter department, granite is a beautiful and durable option when choosing a surface to match your cabinetry and appliances. Granite is a natural stone and it is available in a variety of colors, including white, black, brown, beige, blue and red.
What are the pros and cons of granite countertops?
Pros & Cons of Granite Countertops
- Sustainability. Mother nature never stops working.
- Heat Resistance. Granite countertops will not melt or blister when exposed to heat.
- Scratch Resistance.
- Seams: In a typical kitchen, granite countertops will need to have 2-3 seams.
- Undermount Sinks.
- Backsplash Options.
Can I cut granite myself?
Granite is a hard rock that’s tough to cut through, but you don’t need to be a stonemason to cut it yourself. With a circular saw and a diamond-cut blade, you can make clean and precise cuts. As long as you take the right precautions, you can turn cutting granite into a safe and enjoyable DIY project.
What is the cheapest color of granite?
You’ll typically find that tan and black granite slabs are the least expensive, and that white granite tends to be higher in cost. Yet, black and white are both the two most popular choices in granite colors. So why is one more expensive than the other?
Can I cut granite at home?
Granite is one of the more durable natural stones used in homes and offices around the world. While the most common way to cut granite down is with a tile wet saw or a specialty rail saw for large slabs, you can also use a circular saw as long as you use the right blade attachment.
Photo in the article by “Pexels”