How to do it
- Step 1 Prep the Surface. Place your piece on top of a drop cloth and lightly sand the wood to create a rough surface.
- Step 3 Create a Paint Wash. Place a small amount of your lighter shade of paint in a container.
- Step 4 Apply Top Layer. Apply the wash to the table using a foam brush.
- Step 5 Distress Edges.
How do you paint kitchen cabinets to look old?
How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets to Look Antique
- Deciding The Base Color:
- Choosing The Antique Stain Color:
- Clean The Cabinet:
- Prep the doors.
- Clean – Dampen some cotton rags and wipe the cabinet faces to remove any surface dirt.
- Sand – Smooth down the cabinet surface until the wood underneath looks dull.
- Sanding The Edges:
- Paint The Base Color:
How do you whitewash kitchen cabinets?
Dip a clean paint brush in a whitewash pickling stain and apply it using smooth strokes from the bottom of the cabinet to the top and then back again. After you have applied the wash, wipe it with a clean, soft cotton cloth. The harder you wipe, the more the wood grain underneath will show in the finished product.
How do you resurface Thermofoil cabinets?
How to Refinish MDF Thermofoil Cabinets
- Clean the cabinets with trisodium phosphate (TSP) to completely remove any grime or residue from the surface.
- Remove the doors and drawers from the cabinets.
- Sand the cabinets lightly with medium grit sandpaper.
- Prime the cabinets with a primer for slick surfaces.