5 Tips to Brighten a Dark Kitchen
- Add bright accents to the kitchen. Bright accents provide a cheap and easy fix to a dark kitchen.
- Paint the kitchen walls a sunny color. If your kitchen has paneling, wallpaper or dark-painted walls, you need an update fast.
- Install recessed lighting.
- Consider new kitchen countertops.
- Replace or repaint old cabinetry.
How can I make my kitchen look brighter?
- Give cabinets a white makeover.
- Choose a shocking bright accent color.
- Add a pop of dark color to create contrast.
- Get rid of heavy shades and let in more natural light.
- Fill dark corners with lights.
- Bring in some metallic to add a shimmer.
- Use a bright kitchen island to break up a dark floor.
How do you brighten a room with dark cabinets?
10 Easy Tips For Brightening The Darkest Rooms Of Your Interiors
- Walk through your home and assess the dark areas:
- Mix and match rich color neutrals and white in your decor:
- Open up a dark ceiling with recessed lighting fixtures.
- Combine lighter finishes amongst your dark kitchen cabinetry.
- Choose accent kitchen pendant lighting that performs double-duty.
Can you lighten dark cabinets?
The only way to properly lighten the wood is to remove the lacquer, sand off the dark stain and replace it with a lighter color of stain. By sanding them, you get lighter cabinets, and the surface is smooth and ready to lacquer.
What is the most popular color to paint a kitchen?
The good news is that are certain colors that work best in specific rooms. When it comes to kitchens, white, gray, blue, red, yellow, and green really shine. Each of these shades can do something different for the room, but they all help create a warm and welcoming space.
What color paint makes room look bigger?
Dark colors, on the other hand, tend to absorb light, making a room look smaller. For an optimum effect, select soft tones of off-white, blue and green, and always remember that brighter rooms look bigger and more inviting. Try painting your wall trim and moldings in a lighter color than your walls.
How can I make my kitchen look expensive?
10 Sneaky Ways to Make Your Kitchen Look Expensive
- Choose a luxurious color palette (and play with texture) Photo by Medallion Cabinetry.
- Reinvent tired cabinets with new hardware. Photo by DC Home Photos.
- Paint (or add glass doors to) your cabinets.
- Put your best stems forward.
- Update the light fixtures.
- Recast the backsplash.
- Upgrade your view.
- Paint the countertops.
How do you make a small kitchen brighter?
- Replace solid cabinet doors with glass ones.
- Paint cabinets the same color as the walls.
- Choose furnishings with a small footprint.
- Recess storage.
- Design with clean lines.
- Merge into a larger space.
- Incorporate open shelving.
- Winnow down.
How can I brighten up my house?
20 Amazing Ways to Brighten Your Home
- Rearrange your furniture.
- Choose a basic wall color.
- Put plants everywhere.
- Get light-colored furniture.
- Get creative with the lighting.
- Go wild with mirrors.
- Get lighter curtains.
- Get a statement rug.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”