- Wash the knife with warm, soapy water.
- Mix together 1 quart of water with 1 scant teaspoon of household bleach in a food-storage container.
- Submerge the knife blade in the bleach water.
- Remove the knife from the bleach water and let it air dry on a paper towel.
How do you properly clean a knife?
Use a sponge or dishcloth to clean the blade on both sides and wipe away from you so you’re never wiping in a way that could cut you. You can also lay the knife flat on the countertop and wipe each side individually if you’re worried about cutting yourself.
How do you clean stainless steel kitchen knives?
How to Clean Stainless Steel Cutlery
- First clean your cutlery in hot water and washing up liquid.
- Hand dry with a clean non-abrasive cloth to remove any water spots.
- Natural cleaning solutions such as vinegar, cider, lemon juice, olive oil and soda water all work wonderfully on removing stains from stainless steel.
Should you soak knives?
But the sink is not only a dangerous spot (hard-to-see-through water doesn’t mix well with a sharp object), leaving your knife there can lead to rust. 3. Never put them away wet. It’s the same concept: Wet knives can lead to rust, so save yourself time and money by drying your knives before storing them.
Photo in the article by “Needpix.com”