Use Regular Cotton Batting
Thick cotton batting can be used for a quilted potholder, if you layer it.
Use three layers of cotton batting for your potholder, and quilt as usual.
Do not use polyester-based batting for potholders, as it will not block heat effectively.
How do you make potholders?
You can decide which fabric designs to use on each part.
- cut two 9″ squares from fabric.
- cut two 9″ x 6 1/2″ rectangles from fabric.
- cut one 9″ square from thermal batting.
- cut one 9″ square and one 9″ x 6 1/2″ rectangle from quilt batting.
- cut and make 1/2″ double-fold bias binding about 45″ long (2″ wide when unfolded)
How do you make a microwave hot pad?
Microwave Heating Pad
- Step 1: Picking Fabric. I use polar fleece for one side and cotton on the other side.
- Step 2: Cut Out Your Fabric. One of the great things about these things is that you can make them in any size and shape you want.
- Step 3: Sew Two Sides Together. 2 More Images.
- Step 4: Add Rice.
- Step 5: Finish!
What is a Hotpad?
pad – a flat mass of soft material used for protection, stuffing, or comfort. 2. hot pad – heater consisting of electrical heating elements contained in a flexible pad. heating pad. heater, warmer – device that heats water or supplies warmth to a room.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”