Give your stained cabinets a thorough cleaning and polishing to help make them look shiny and new again.
- Lay plastic drop cloths under your kitchen cabinets.
- Mix equal parts of white vinegar and hot water in a 5-gallon plastic bucket.
- Put on rubber gloves to protect your hands from the hot water.
How do you revive kitchen cabinets?
Suggested clip 97 seconds
Home Depot: How To Revive Old Kitchen Cabinetry (English
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you make an old kitchen look new?
10 Easy, Low-Budget Ways to Improve Any Kitchen (Even a Rental!)
- Add or change lighting.
- Change drawer or shelf liners.
- Add a rug.
- Replace the faucet.
- Update the hardware.
- Add pull-out shelves and/or drawer organizers.
- Add more storage space with small wire shelves.
- Get a great dish rack.
How can I make my wood cabinets shine?
Polish and Creams
For stained wood, apply a wood polish free of wax and silicone to a cloth and wipe to enhance your cabinet with a shine. For a natural product, mix 1/4-cup vinegar plus a few drops of olive oil and apply it with a flannel cloth. Buff the surface with a second clean cloth.
What is a good degreaser for kitchen cabinets?
The Value of Vinegar
It has grease-busting qualities too. Dampen a clean, dry cloth with undiluted white vinegar, and wipe down greasy cabinets. Rinse your cloth with warm water, wring out most of the moisture, and use it to rinse the cabinetry.
How do I clean sticky wood cabinets?
Dip a sponge into a small bowl of vinegar and wring it out so that it is just damp. Scrub light patches of sticky residue from the cabinets with the sponge, rubbing the vinegar over hinges, knobs and handles as well. Rinse the cabinets and hardware with clean water to remove the vinegar.
What is the best finish for kitchen cabinets?
Semigloss, gloss, or satin—the harder the finish the better. Matte paint on kitchen cabinets is impractical; I wouldn’t even use eggshell finish. You want a surface that’s durable and wipeable, so you won’t be painting again for at least a few years.
What can you do with old kitchen cabinets?
10 Ways to Spruce Up Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Add Storage With Kitchen Cabinets. Add Storage With Kitchen Cabinets.
- Paint Kitchen Cabinets. Paint Kitchen Cabinets.
- Reface Kitchen Cabinets.
- Install a Pull-Out Cabinet Shelf.
- Put in Undercabinet Lighting.
- Build a Butcher Block Island.
- Build a Sideboard.
- Build a Window Seat.
How do you restore old cabinets?
How to Restore Old Cabinets
- Step 1: Remove Hardware. If your buying cabinets and restoring them look specifically for good hardware.
- Step 2: Strip Stain.
- Step 3: Sand.
- Step 4: Stain.
- Step 5: Brush and Restain.
- Step 6: Clean Hardware.
- Step 7: Reinstall Hardware/Cabinets.
- Step 8: Finished!
How can I upgrade my kitchen for cheap?
- Add a rug. A rug does so much for a kitchen: It covers an ugly floor, adds color, and makes for a cushier surface for your tired feet.
- Paint something.
- Add some wallpaper.
- Plug in a pendant light.
- Swap out your stools.
- Get a colorful small appliance.
- Or even just a tea kettle.
- Hang new window treatments.
How can I make my kitchen look expensive?
10 Sneaky Ways to Make Your Kitchen Look Expensive
- Choose a luxurious color palette (and play with texture) Photo by Medallion Cabinetry.
- Reinvent tired cabinets with new hardware. Photo by DC Home Photos.
- Paint (or add glass doors to) your cabinets.
- Put your best stems forward.
- Update the light fixtures.
- Recast the backsplash.
- Upgrade your view.
- Paint the countertops.
How can I improve my kitchen cheaply?
Both of these ideas are a lot cheaper and less hassle than replacing the entire kitchen. Paint in general is easiest and least expensive way to transform a kitchen.
- Paint kitchen cabinets.
- Install new worktops.
- Update your kitchen floor.
- Improve your kitchen storage.
- 5. Make your own hanging rail.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”