Suggested clip · 121 seconds
Measuring for a Top-Mount Sink Replacement – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do I know what size sink to buy?
- The interior width of the sink’s cabinet determines the maximum dimensions for your sink.
- Most base cabinets are 36 to 42 inches high and 25-1/4 to 26 inches wide. A typical 33-by-22-inch sink will fill a 36-inch base cabinet.
How are drop in sinks measured?
- Remove the old sink.
- If your old sink had a wide lip, the available width may be greater.
- Measure the distance from the back of the sink opening to its front.
- If you choose a sink with a wide lip, the bowl can be slightly smaller than these maximum dimensions.
- Round up to the nearest increment.
What size sink goes in a 30 inch cabinet?
The most common sink size is approximately 30 inches. In a 30-inch width, you will start to see a wider variety of shapes: single bowl square, single bowl orca, and double bowl. Sinks that are 30 inches wide must sit in a base cabinet of at least 33 inches.
What is the standard size of a kitchen sink?
Setting the Standard
The average kitchen sink measures 22-by-30 inches. While the front-to-back dimensions of the sink remain standard due to the size of most countertops and cabinets, the width of different types of sinks can vary dramatically.
How far should a sink be from the front of the counter?
Position the template on the counter where you wish to install the sink. Measure 2 inches from the front edge of the countertop and make a mark. If the fascia trim already has been installed on the counter, or the countertop has been laminated, the measurement should be 2 3/4 inches.
What size undermount sink do I need?
Measure the space you have available for your undermount sink. Most standard sinks measure 22 inches (55.9 cm) by 30 inches (76.2 cm). Your counter space may dictate how large or small your undermount sink can be. Decide how many bowls you want your sink to have, and how deep they will be.
Which brand of kitchen sink is best?
Best Kitchen Sink Reviews (Updated List)
- Ruvati RVM4350 Undermount 32″ Kitchen Sink Double Bowl.
- KOHLER K-6489-0 Whitehaven Single Basin Sink.
- Kraus KHF203-36 36 inch Farmhouse Kitchen Sink.
- Zuhne 33 Inch Farmhouse Kitchen Sink.
- Frigidaire Undermount Kitchen Sink.
- Kraus KHF200-36 36-inch Farmhouse Apron Kitchen Sink.
Is a single or double kitchen sink better?
It is difficult, however, to soak a large pan in a double bowl sink because of the partition between the two bowls. Therefore, single bowl sinks are more useful for things like washing large pots or babies, while a double bowl sink has more options for how to use the sink.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”