How to Restore Laminate Countertops
- Dip a clean, lint-free cloth in bleach or vinegar.
- Wipe the cloth onto your laminate countertops to thoroughly clean and disinfect them before you try to polish them.
- Polish laminate countertops by adding car wax to the surface of your countertops.
- Allow the car wax to sit for about 10 minutes.
Can you refinish countertops?
Don’t spend thousands replacing your countertops – Refinish! The process involves the application of a very hard and durable acrylic coating to the existing counter. Countertop refinishing works equally well on kitchen countertops, bathroom vanities, laminate breakfast bars, and even cultured marble sink vanities.
How much does it cost to resurface kitchen countertops?
Employing a professional contractor to refinish your countertops costs anything from $35 to $85 per hour. The cost of materials depends on the finish you choose: Laminate: $1.67 to $4.17 per square foot. Epoxy: $2.92 to $7.17 per square foot.
What kind of paint do you use on countertops?
Once you have primed the countertops, you can use a satin or semi-gloss oil-based enamel. Most are perfectly safe for food preparation, but make sure the paint store knows what that you are planning to use the paint on your countertop.
How do you fix a discolored laminate countertop?
- Rub the bleach mark with a cloth and rubbing alcohol to clean it.
- Sand the bleach mark using 100-grit sandpaper.
- Dip the tip of a putty knife into a can of laminate repair paste.
- Smear the repair paste over the sanded area to cover it completely.
- Buff the area gently using fine-grit steel wool.
How do you restore a faded laminate countertop?
Prepare the Countertop
Take a clean, soft cloth and a gentle cleanser, such as a mix of 1 part water and 1 part vinegar, and wipe down the entire area. Use a vacuum to get into the corners and a toothbrush to flick out any leftover debris in corners, cracks and crevices.
Can you refinish laminate countertops?
How to Resurface Laminate Countertops (Instructions) Start by sanding the entire countertop and backsplash / lip areas to rough the surface up a little and help the paint stick permanently. Then, wipe away any debris and clean the surface with a mild soap and water. Then it’s time to paint.
Can you paint kitchen counters?
Apply one to two coats of paint and then seal the surface with polyurethane after the paint has dried. Different color combinations are also possible; consider painting a white countertop to go with a red kitchen. Stone-textured paints are also available, allowing for a unique option when painting kitchen countertops.
How do you resurface a concrete countertop?
Here are some steps to refinish those worn-looking concrete kitchen countertops.
- Step 1 – Prep the Countertop Surface.
- Step 2 – Polishing the Entire Surface.
- Step 3 – Apply the Sealer.
- Step 4 – Sand the Dried Sealant and Apply Wax.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”