10 Steps to Kitchen Remodeling
- Step 1: Demoing Your Kitchen.
- Step 2: Replacing Your Outdated Plumbing.
- Step 3: All Things Electrical.
- Step 4: Drywall.
- Step 5: Painting.
- Step 6: Installing Flooring.
- Step 7: Cabinet Installation.
- Step 8: Counter Top.
How much does it cost to remodel a kitchen?
Average Kitchen Remodel Cost
On average, a kitchen remodel costs $23,907 or $150 per square foot. Most homeowners spend between $12,641 and $35,176 or $75 to $250 per square foot. The total expense varies depending on the size of the space, the quality of materials, and whether you change the layout of the room.
How long does a full kitchen remodel take?
Replacement kitchen projects average 6-8 weeks for a moderate sized kitchen. Kitchen remodeling projects that involve a larger space, wall removals, structural changes, and reconfiguration of the floor plan take longer. A fair expectation is 10-12 weeks. That’s the timeframe for a custom kitchen renovation.
Is a kitchen remodel worth it?
An average kitchen remodel will pay off more than a high-end renovation. According to Remodeling magazine’s Cost Vs. Value Report, a midrange kitchen remodel costs $63,829 and homeowners recoup $37,637, which is 59 percent. An upscale kitchen remodel costs $125,721, with a 53.5 percent ROI.
How do you renovate a kitchen?
Remodeling Your Kitchen—An Order of Steps
- “Undo” the Kitchen. Remove cabinet doors first.
- Who’s in Charge?
- Replace Dated Kitchen Plumbing.
- Replace Wiring and Install Kitchen Lighting.
- Hang the Drywall.
- The Art of Mudding.
- Paint Kitchen Walls and Ceiling.
- Install Kitchen Flooring and Baseboards.
When remodeling your kitchen do you do the floors first?
If you are installing a hardwood floating floor (or any floating floor such as cork or laminate), you should install the floor AFTER the kitchen cabinets are installed. Floating floors are clicked together and not adhered to the floor.
How much does a kitchen remodel increase home value 2019?
But she’s also worked on major projects, where the entire kitchen is gutted, reorganized, upgraded, and sometimes even moved to a new room—and those can cost between $80,000 and $120,000. Mid-range remodels fall snugly between the two, according to Remodeling Magazine’s 2019 Cost vs. Value Report, at about $66,000.
Can you renovate a kitchen for 20k?
The average cost of kitchen remodeling projects is $20,000, although this average includes minor and partial kitchen remodels. Full kitchen remodeling projects are likely to run at least $50,000.
How can I save money on my kitchen remodel?
- Go with ready-to-assemble cabinets.
- Keep existing cabinets if possible.
- Choose open shelving where possible.
- Consider alternative countertop materials.
- Keep appliances where they are.
- Look at different options for islands.
- Opt for a cutout rather than removing a wall.
- Try track lighting instead of recessed lighting.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”