In 2015 the average cost of commercial construction was between approximately $200 and $220 per square foot.
However, kitchen construction costs were higher at about $250 per square foot.
The major cost for your small commercial kitchen will not be the kitchen equipment.
What are the requirements for a commercial kitchen?
Commercial Kitchen Requirements
Refrigeration and freezer units have to comply with code requirements. A commercial kitchen must have separate sinks for mops, dishes, hand washing and food preparation areas.
Can I make a commercial kitchen at home?
It’s convenient to work from home. If you’re starting a food service business, you can accomplish this by building a separate licensed kitchen in addition to your residential kitchen, or you can license your home kitchen under the cottage kitchen laws that are on the books in many states.
How do I set up a restaurant kitchen?
How to Open a Restaurant
- Choose a Restaurant Concept and Brand. When starting a restaurant, it’s important to have a clear concept and brand.
- Form Your Menu Items.
- Write a Restaurant Business Plan.
- Obtain Funding.
- Choose a Location and Lease a Commercial Space.
- Permits and Licenses.
- Find an Equipment and Food Supplier.
- Design a Restaurant Layout.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”