How to Repair a Burnt Countertop
- Wipe off your countertop with a mild dish soap detergent and a damp cloth.
- Apply some white toothpaste on the burn marks.
- Wipe your counter with a cloth and water.
- Sprinkle a strong powdered cleanser on the burn marks if they are still there.
How do you fix a burnt granite countertop?
How to Remove Burn Marks From Granite Countertops
- Pour enough flour in the a bowl to completely cover the burned area.
- Pour in some hydrogen peroxide, stirring it with a plastic scraper, until the mixture has the consistency of a creamy peanut butter.
- Spread the paste over the burn mark with the plastic scraper.
How do you get burn marks out of Formica?
How to Remove Burn Marks on Your Formica Countertop
- Clean with a sponge and liquid cleaner any dirt from the countertop to make sure you can see all of the burn mark.
- Mix plain, non-abrasive toothpaste with baking soda until you have a thick paste.
- Spread some of the paste onto the burn mark with a soft toothbrush.
How do you get burn marks out of quartz countertops?
To remove stubborn stains, use a paste of baking soda and water and rub in with a soft cloth. Your quartz countertops are heat resistant, but again, not heat proof. To maintain their beauty, never place hot items directly on the surface.
Photo in the article by “Mount Pleasant Granary”